Create Joy In Your Daily Life
Remember that delightful feeling of bliss when something lifts your spirits for a moment or the whole day?
When is the last time you experienced joy? Did you know can (and should) add joy into your daily life?
Your awareness of what you are passionate about is diminished when you deny yourself joy. Every time you experience joy you unlock a part of yourself hidden to you. You also establish a better connection to your soul.
Bonus: The very practice of experiencing joy brings you closer to your divine purpose.
When you withhold joy from yourself and the world at large, you withhold the experience of joy rippling through the earth’s energy field.
How You Can Add Joy to Your Daily Life
- Don’t wait to experience joy. It IS possible to experience joy in your daily routine.
- If your routine is boring, try to add something different to it.
- Experiment. Be spontaneous.
- Look for joy in the simplest of things.
- Look at life through a childlike lens.
- Purposely add fun into your daily routine.
Here are a few ideas:
- Live in the moment.
- Laugh at your silly mistakes.
- Find a new restaurant for lunch
- Listen to a funny podcast.
- Take the scenic route to work.
- Find ways to make your shower more fun.
- Listen to new music.
- Celebrate your successes. High five yourself. If you dare.
- Reserve a hotel room in a town not far from you.
- Go to your local farmer’s market.
- Visit a small town and do some sight-seeing.
- Call a girlfriend just to chat.
- Curl up and watch a movie night with popcorn.
- Find a local concert to attend.
- Get up early and watch the sunrise.
Creating joy in your life is about seeing something new or experiencing something new. Look at life from a different perceptive and you will find joy.
One of the benefits of purposely creating joy is the feeling of gratitude that flows from the experience.
Look at your current routine and see if you can find moments you can experience joy. All you need to do is take some time to appreciate anything that brings you joy!
To get you started, download the free “Creating Joy” worksheet below.